March 4, 2015

March Nail Art Challenge (Part One)


I'm participating in a crazy nail art challenge this month! The prompts are pretty easy, but a lot of them I've never done! See days 1 - 4 after the jump...


Day 1 - Ombre
I've seen lots of ombre manis, but never done one before. They're not that exciting and I've never been super crazy about them and if it weren't for this being a prompt, I probably would have never done one.
Polishes:
Salon Perfect - Sugar Cube
Sinful Colors - Tempest
China Glaze - X-Ta_sea
Ulta - Devious

Day 2 - Gradient
I love gradients. They're so super easy and look so awesome. I use Cinema Swatch Lacquer's That's A Wrap liquid latex to make clean up easy peasy.
Polishes:
Salon Perfect - Sugar Cube
Pipe Dream Polish - On The List
Pipe Dream Polish - Light Of Day
Pipe Dream Polish - Happy Hour 


Day 3 - Stamping
I used to think water marble was the worst, but then I tried stamping and eventually got better at water marbling and now stamping is the worst. A year, multiple different polishes, stamping plates, stampers, watched tutorials, and hours of practice later... this is it. This is the best I've done, yet, and I'm proud of it, but it still sucks. This is also the only design I seem to ever have any luck with for some reason...
Polishes:
*see Gradient
Just Ricarda - Blackout 
Stamping Plate:
QA66 from Born Pretty Store (Use code YEEDX31 for 10% off your purchase!)

Day 4 - Flowers
Can you tell I haven't done this in a while? Guess it's time to start practicing flowers again, since it's almost spring (doesn't feel like it outside).
Polishes:
Salon Perfect - Sugar Cube
Sally Hansen - Wet Cement
Sally Hansen - I-Rush Luck
China Glaze - Shore Enuff
Maybelline - Lime Accent
Sinful Colors - VIP
China Glaze - Feel The Breeze
Essie - Romper Room

Check back in a few days for part two!


No comments:

Post a Comment