March 20, 2015

China Glaze Road Trip 2015 Swatches

Of the 12 polishes in China Glaze's Road Trip collection, I picked up 8. The four shimmer polishes just weren't doing anything for me, but that doesn't mean I won't end up getting them. Check out my 8 swatches after the break!



Boho Blues is a light periwinkle creme. I used two coats plus top coat. I paired it with More To Explore for the water marble accent. This is a wonderful spring color. It's almost like a lighter version of What A Pansy (love!) from last spring's City Flourish collection.

I Brake For Color is a bright coral creme. I used two coats plus top coat. I paired it with License & Registration Pls for the water marble accent. I absolutely love wearing corals and teals in the spring and summer! This one is definitely a must have for the warmer months!

License & Registration Pls is a blue creme. I used two easy coats plus top coat and paired it with I Brake For Color for the water marble accent. I was worried that this one and My Way Or The Highway would stain my nails since that's usually what happens when I use new blues and greens. No problems for me here, though! I do think this swatch makes the blue seem darker than it actually is. It's really more of a bright blue, but here it looks too much like I Sea The Point from last summer's Off Shore collection.

More To Explore is a pinky-peachy creme. I've mostly seen it called peach creme, but to me peach is more orange than this. I used three coats plus top coat. It's paired with Boho Blues for the water marble accent. As much as I don't think this is my color, it's perfect for spring and floral manis and I will be using this like crazy!

My Way Or The Highway is a teal creme. I used two coats plus top coat and paired it with Pop The Trunk for the water marble. Like I said before, I thought this would be a stainer, but it wasn't! I'm super glad because this is probably my favorite of the collection, even though I see it as more of a summer color.

Pinking Out The Window is a pink creme. I used two coats plus top coat. I paired it with Trip Of A Lime Time for the water marble accent. This is another not-my-color-but-will-use-for-floral-manis colors. I'm also not sure Trip Of A Lime Time was the best color to pair this with, but they were my two odd balls.

Pop The Trunk is a bright orange creme, but photographed as more of a bright coral. I used two coats plus top coat and paired it with My Way Or The Highway for the water marble accent. I was thinking this was going to be too much like Stoked To Be Soaked (my go to orange) from last summer's Off Shore collection. Nope! Pop The Trunk is way brighter and is another shade that seems more like a summer color than a spring color. I do like that CG didn't just release nothing but pastels, though. I feel like we see enough of those between February and May.

Trip Of A Lime Time is a weird yellow-green creme. I used two coats plus top coat and paired it with Pinking Out The Window for the water marble accent. This was my disappointment. Not only would it not photograph well, but it looks like mushy peas! I'm not even crazy about greens anyway, but this one... no thanks.

I can't say I love this collection as a whole, but there are a few shades that will end up being go-to colors in the future. I chose to water marble on accent nails for each swatch because I know how easy China Glaze polishes are to marble with. They did not disappoint there! As you can see, I was able to achieve many different patterns very easily. For every marble, I alternated colors every drop until I had 6 drops of each, for a total of 12 drops. I used Salon Perfect's Sugar Cube as my white base for those accent nails and didn't have a problem with the colors on my accent nail being too bright or lighter than the swatch.

If I had to pick my top three favorites, they would have to be:
1. My Way Or The Highway - Besides being my favorite color of the collection, it applied wonderfully and didn't stain. Since my nails stain easily when I wear blues and greens, it's hard to find a good one.
2. I Brake For Color - I'm going to wear this like crazy this spring and summer! It's an easy two coater and is so beautiful.
3. Pop The Trunk - Maybe not a typical spring color, but it's unique to my polish collection. I can see myself using this all the way through Halloween!
What's your favorite color from this collection? Do you think the four shimmers are worth picking up, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment