March 31, 2015

Don't Open Dead Inside Mani

The prompt for day 27 of the nail challenge I did in March was Inspiration. The last few days I ended up getting behind and did 27 of the 29th... The Walking Dead season five finale. Last year, I did a pretty bad TWD inspired mani for the season four finale so I thought I'd do it again. That one was inspired by a poster I have, this one by the t-shirt I was wearing. Details and more pics are after the break...



I only used two polishes for this mani, China Glaze "Pelican Grey" and Zoya "Hunter". I started with a base of Pelican Grey (PG from now on) and applied top coat. Once dry, I mixed three drops of PG and one drop of Hunter on a piece of wax paper. I used a cosmetic sponge to soak up the polish and sponged it over my grey base. The next layer I sponged on was Hunter by itself, then PG, then my mixture again. I alternated these three colors until I had achieved the perfect, opaque grey-green, then applied more top coat.

All details were painted with craft paint and the Glam Gadgets brush set from Winstonia. I started with black and painted the crack between the doors on my middle and ring fingers. I used the liner brush for the lettering and the smaller striping brush for the drips on the letters. For the zombie hands, I mixed white craft paint with a tiny bit of black and green for the dead flesh look. I used the liner brush again for the hands. Once completely dry, I finished it off with my top coat again, but later added a matte top coat.

Finally, my favorite pic of this mani featuring RV Walker Pop Vinyl! I also have Maggie and Glenn (and more than 30 that aren't TWD related). Hope you enjoyed this mani as much as I did! And if you'd like to see a step by step pic tutorial, I can still make that happen even though I already took this off. Just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment