March 12, 2015

March Nail Art Challenge (Part Two)


Part two of the challenge features two of my favorite techniques and two I've never done, one of those I even had to look up because I'd never heard of it. Days 5 - 8 are after the jump...

Day 5 - Pond Mani
The technique I had to Google. You use a jelly or sheer polish and white paint (nail polish or craft paint). Start with a coat or two, or four if you used a super sheer polish like me, then use the white paint to create dots, hearts, stamp, whatever over your still sheer base. Continue layering your jelly polish and your pattern. Eventually the the jelly polish builds up and becomes opaque and the pattern is different tints of that color. It's pretty neat but I've never put so many layers of polish on my nails ever! I had to start with about 3 coats before I saw a difference in color and I used the dots to cover my nail line!
Polishes:
Sally Hansen - Vitamin D-Light
White acrylic paint

Day 6 - Negative Space
Why have I never done this before? It's so incredibly easy and looks amazing (as long as your nails aren't stained)! I had been wearing Julep's Oxygen Smoothing Base Coat and Sally Hansen's Complete Care 4-in-1 that day. That's my go to combo of base coats if I'm not going to be wearing polish instead of putting my naked nails at risk. I placed a single chevron nail vinyl on each nail, painted gold at the base and pink on the tip, removed the vinyl, top coat, and ta-da!
Polishes:
Salon Perfect - Gold Leaf
Julep - Alicia
Single Chevron Nail Vinyls

Day 7 - Chevron
My first attempt was a fail. Bad color combo that looked awesome in my head but awful on my nails. I was gonna just go with it, but decided to re-do since I couldn't stand to look at the original.
Polishes:
Loreal - Masked Affair
Sally Hansen - Grey Area
Chevron Nail Vinyls

Day 8 - Water Marble
It's taken me over a year to master water marbling. Unlike stamping, watching a million YouTube videos was extremely helpful and I was able to pick up on a lot of tricks that people use. I now own the best water marbling polishes in the world (Thanks Aaron!) and I seriously cannot stop water marbling now! It's proof that if at first you don't succeed, try again a thousand more times and watch a million YouTube tutorials and maybe eventually you'll get it. :)
Polishes:
Salon Perfect - Sugar Cube (base)
Pipe Dream Polish -On The List
Pipe Dream Polish - 110 Degrees
Pipe Dream Polish - Light Of Day
Pipe Dream Polish - High Roller
Pipe Dream Polish - Happy Hour
Pipe Dream Polish - All In
Pipe Dream Polish -VIP Pass
That's A Wrap Liquid Nail Tape

No comments:

Post a Comment