March 22, 2015

March Nail Art Challenge (Part Five)


Part five got pretty sparkly! Check it out after the jump...

Day 17 - Glitter Bomb
What better polish to use for this prompt than one named "Glitterbomb"?! I picked it up at Sally's after Christmas on the clearance rack (my favorite!!) for next to nothing so obviously I had to get it. I only used two coats in the photo above which I thought was pretty crazy. One more coat and it would have basically been full coverage. It's not something I'd wear every day, but it's definitely different than any other glitter polish I have!
Polishes:
China Glaze - License & Registration Pls
Orly - Glitterbomb

Day 18 - Something Squishy
I'd say Reverie Nail Lacquer makes some of the prettiest squishy polishes ever. I only have two and their both Christmas/winter polishes, but they're perfect year round (if you make sure to avoid the snowflake glitters). I've never mattified a jelly/squishy so I thought I'd give it a try since that's what this month is all about! It's so pretty still! I will totally have to do that more often!
Polishes:
Reverie Nail Lacquer - First Snow
OPI Matte Top Coat


Day 19 - Hearts
I tried to not make this too Valentines-y since I did plenty of that last month. I used my heart stencils two different ways this time, though. On my middle finger I actually used it as a stencil. For the rest of my fingers, I placed the hearts from inside the stencils on my nails, painted over them, removed the hearts, and was left with what you see above. I will say that I made that pretty tricky by not leaving enough of the vinyl to grab with my tweezers a few times.
Polishes:
L'Oreal - Masked Affair
China Glaze - What A Pansy
Heart Stencils

Day 20 -Holo
I've been dying to use my Holo Bliss over ANIVC since I saw it done on Instagram a while back. I didn't think there was a way to make these neons any prettier but I was so wrong! To add to the holo, I used Chaotic Glitz's Little Black Book on my index and pinky fingers with some neon studs.
Polishes:
Chaotic Glitz - Little Black Book
Pipe Dream Polish - A Night In Vegas Cremes
Bliss Polish - Holo Bliss Top Coat
Neon Studs from Born Pretty Store - Use my code YEEDX31 for 10% off (These may not be the exact studs. I won these (in photo) in a giveaway and the ones on BP look almost identical to me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment