May 21, 2015

Striped Water Marble - Pipe Dream Polish

This one's a couple weeks old, but I thought it was too good to not share here. I typically don't water marble on all my nails because of how much polish is used, especially if I do each nail separately, but I was going to enter into a thing and this is what I came up with.

Honestly, I probably should have made a video for this, but I'll try to explain as best as I can...

I use the entire Pipe Dream Polish "A Night In Vegas" creme collection. I started with a white base on my nails and put liquid latex all around my cuticles and finger tips. When I marble, I use a medium sized plastic cup filled about one inch from the top with about room temperature tap water. I also have a long sewing pin and cosmetic sponge nearby for when I start marbling as well as a popsicle stick or orange wood stick. Line up your polishes close to your cup and have them all unscrewed; you'll need to work quickly!

Drop one drop of each color onto the surface of the water, pink, orange, yellow, green, teal, blue, purple, then repeat. Using the sewing pin, drag from the center of the bulls eye to the top, all the way to the edge of the cup, then from the center to the bottom. Wipe your pin on the cosmetic sponge after each line to keep it clean. Starting a couple rings in at the top left of the bulls eye, drag the pin horizontally across the cup. Move down about a quarter or a half inch and drag the pin from right to left horizontally. Repeat until you've reached the bottom. Rotate your cup 90 degrees, the stripes should be vertical now. Drag your pin left and right horizontally down the bulls eye again. Find a section of stripes you like the best and dip your first nail. While still submerged, blow on the polish on the surface. Use the popsicle or orange wood stick to collect the polish on the water. Oncea ll the polish has been removed, pull your finger out of the water. Remove the latex with tweezers, use acetone to clean up around your cuticle and apply top coat.

Polishes:
Salon Perfect - Sugar Cube
Pipe Dream Polish - On The List
Pipe Dream Polish - 110 Degrees
Pipe Dream Polish - Light Of Day
Pipe Dream Polish - High Roller
Pipe Dream Polish - Happy Hour
Pipe Dream Polish - All In
Pipe Dream Polish - VIP Pass
Salon Perfect - Top Coat

No comments:

Post a Comment