May 18, 2015

Harry Potter Nail Vinyls

I had the opportunity to take part in a Harry Potter mani collab a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately, I was crazy busy that week and didn't get to do what I had originally planned so I went super simple, but I'm still happy with the outcome.

I started with my base coat, one coat of Salon Perfect "Gold Leaf", then applied my Salon Perfect Top Coat. The top coat here is not necessary, but once completely dry, it prevents the other layers of polish from lifting in case the vinyls need repositioning. Using tweezers, I applied Lou It Yourself's Harry Potter vinyls onto my nails. On my ring finger, I positioned the lightning bolt, but didn't press it into place as much as the others and left a tiny bit of the vinyl lifted. I painted Salon Perfect "Oil Slick" over it, then peeled off the vinyl leaving the gold lightning bolt. To finish it all off, I topped it with one coat of Salon Perfect Top Coat on my accent nail, and two coats over the others to smooth out the vinyls.

Polishes:
Salon Perfect - Gold Leaf
Salon Perfect - Oil Slick
Salon Perfect - Top Coat

To see the other manis from this collab, check out #HarryPotterAndThePaintedNails on Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment