May 20, 2015

Memorial Day Nail Art

Today I have some patriotic nail art that can be used for Memorial Day, Fourth of July, or any day really! I had purchased the stamping plate I used for the stars over a year ago, but was still 100% failing at stamping so I never got to put it to good use. This is actually the exact mani I had in mind at that time and I'm kinda glad I never attempted it until now. I finally have this stamping thing down and a year ago I would have insisted on hand painting the stripes (which would have ended up crooked or uneven).
*Note: I realize my stars are upside down here, but when I was looking at my nails while stamping, they were right side up. It all depends on which way ya look at them. ;) 

I started with a base of Essie "Hide & Go Chic" on my index and middle nails and Salon perfect "Sugar Cube" on my ring and pinky and applied Dream Polish "Gem Glam Top Coat". I gave the top coat about 5-10 minutes to dry completely before adding the finishing touches. I used "Whiteout" from Rica's Polish to stamp the stars and Straight Vinyls from Nail Vinyls with China Glaze "Bing Cherry" for the stripes. I let the details dry completely for about 10 minutes to prevent any smudging before finishing with Salon Perfect Top Coat.

Polishes:
Essie - Hide & Go Chic
Salon Perfect - Sugar Cube
Rica - White Out
China Glaze - Bing Cherry
Dream Polish - Gem Glam Top Coat (Jelly Bean Scented)
Salon Perfect - Top Coat

Tools:
Stamping plate
Stamper from this set
But the larger scraper from this set
Straight nail vinyls


No comments:

Post a Comment