June 5, 2015

National Donut Day Nail Art

Happy Donut Day everyone! Since I no longer work at Dunkin Donuts (I've moved onto bigger and much better things), I get to actually enjoy today and paint my nails for it! We weren't allowed to have painted nails even if we wore gloves over them and it was torture. I had just started getting into nail art and I couldn't even practice!
Alright, back to today's nails...


I started with a base of Too Yacht To Handle on all but my ring finger. Using a striping brush from my Glam Gadgets set, I painted semi-circles using Coach Ella and filled them in. I took a medium sized dotting tool and made the "edge of the icing" using Nirvana, Pinking Out The Window, and Sugar Cube. I didn't get too close to the edge of the tan to leave some of the "donut" showing. Using the striping brush again, I made sprinkles on my middle finger with Sugar Cube, Treble Maker, and Home Sweet House Music. I didn't have a dotting tool as big as I wanted, so I used the end of a paint brush dipped in Too Yacht To Handle to make the hole in each donut. I waited for these three nails to dry and applied Salon Perfect Top Coat.

For my accent nail, I started with a base of Coach Ella. Using a larger dotting tool, striping brush, and Pinking Out The Window, I created my drips by making three lines from my cuticle toward the middle of my nail and adding dots to the ends of them. I connected the sides of the dots to the line and then connected the lines together with curved lines and filled in. Like with the sprinkled donut nail, I used the striping brush and Sugar Cube, Treble Maker, and Home Sweet House Music for the sprinkles. Finally, I finished with Salon Perfect Top Coat.

Polishes used:
China Glaze - Too Yacht To Handle
China Glaze - Pinking Out The Window
China Glaze - Treble Maker
China Glaze - Home Sweet House Music
Salon Perfect - Sugar Cube
Fresh Paint - Coach Ella
Sinful Colors - Nirvana
Salon Perfect Top Coat

No comments:

Post a Comment